Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Help-Portrait Tuscaloosa | June 5th 2011

"A picture is worth. Help-Portrait is a global movement of photographers using their time, gear and expertise to give back to those in need."


Number 16 on the 31 before 31 list is: Be a part of Help Portrait in Montgomery. I first learned about HP last year while the worldwide event was taking place in December. Jeremy Cowart was teaching a workshop on CreativeLIVE and Chase Jarvis interviewed him about HP. Help-Portrait was created in Jeremy's heart and has grown into a worldwide movement of photographers 'giving' photographs, not just 'taking' them. 


I quickly did some research and was SUPER bummed to find out that I had missed the 2010 HP event in Montgomery. I vowed then that I would not miss it in 2011. Little did I know that I wouldn't have to wait a year. Little did I know that on April 27th the worst tornado outbreak in the history of the state would leave so many Alabamians with nothing. Hundreds perished and thousands were left homeless. 


A group of photographers got together and decided to have a HP event early to give these families something they may have lost... a family portrait. I signed up to help and I hope you can too!!  


As of now, there are organized HP events for those affected by the tornados in Tuscaloosa and in Birmingham. HP needs much more than photographers. We need event operators, make-up artists, hair stylists, clothing and general volunteers. If you would like to help please visit the Help-Portrait Tuscaloosa page on facebook and click on the discussions tab (specifically the 'Roles' discussion). You will find what HP needs and who to contact. 


Tuscaloosa Event Details 
Date: Sunday, June 5th, 2011
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Location: TBD




http://Help-Portrait.com

No comments:

Post a Comment