Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Faves + Raves

Happy Friday!!

Fave: Austin, TX
Gorgeous weather, friendly people, art, live music, water sports, keeping it weird, a major college campus, bats under a bridge, Texas BBQ and genuine Mexican food... what's not to love?  OK. I might get an argument about the weather because 90% of the time it's HOT all of the time, but I'd say it's a small price to pay.  And, shout out to Round Rock and Pflugerville cause y'all are pretty boss too.

Admittingly part of my affection for the city comes from the fact that my bestie from college lives there (lucky!). I went to visit her recently and we had time to explore. Photography is my favorite way to discover a city and since Becca also loves photography we spent some time just wandering around and taking photos. Every time I leave Austin I leave a piece of my heart behind so that I must return to collect it.


You may have seen these if you follow me on Instagram (which you totally should @jessidphoto). 

Raves: Fried Avocado Taco
Yes, it's as decadent as it sounds and I probably needed to run a 5k to burn it off but it was SO worth it. If you're ever in Austin, do yourself a favor and go eat at the South Austin Trailer Park. Walk up to Torchy's Tacos, order one of these and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment