Thursday, January 13, 2011

Focus on Fitness

Bobbi + Mike are a husband and wife photography team based in Indianapolis. I've followed their blog for a while and Bobbi periodically blogs about being on the healthy train. She recently started a new train and I hopped on. Now that Olivia is 10 months old I don't feel like I can get away with the "I just had a baby" excuse any longer. I also subscribe to the school of thought that my image is a division of my brand. I believe that brides book out of emotion and want a photographer that is not just going to snap great pictures, but also someone that is going to help make their wedding experience fun and fabulous. In the end, what makes Jessi D Photography different than the hundreds of great photographers in the area (other than price at the moment)? ME. JDP is the only place that has me.

Since I am selling myself as much (if not more) than my skills as a photographer I think it is important to look and feel my best. If I am confident behind the camera, my brides will be confident in front of it.

Fitness is also another way for me to connect to my clients. I don't know a woman that didn't think about getting in shape before her wedding. Even naturally thin (lucky!) girls want to look their absolute best on their wedding day. Wouldn't it be awesomesauce to find new running buddies this way?

So, I am introducing the first 'column' on my blog. Focus on Fitness.

Today's FoF starts with a thank you to Bobbi for the encouragement. Next is a shout out to the Y's up at Hampstead. You are always clean and non-judgy. I love that your cardio room is upstairs with a view of the beautiful Hampstead farm. I love/hate your gravity classes that give me noodle legs. The only thing I don't like about you is that you make me wish I lived in Hampstead, and that just isn't in the budget... for now :)

This month I am focusing on cardio so these shoes are my besties. I. Heart. ASICS.

1 comment: