Sunday, September 26, 2010

Justin Bieber and Mascot Camp

To the smart dude that created the first music recognition app... thank you!! YOU are brillz. You are up there with the creator of IMDB in my book. However, I need you to know that your genius caused me to do some soul searching recently. It happened when I was watching the contestant videos for the Jasmine Star wedding workshop on CreativeLIVE. I heard this catchy-fun song on a video, whipped out my phone and soundhounded it. The result popped up, I did a double-take and quickly closed the app. I looked over my shoulder to be sure no one was around, took a deep breath and opened the app again. Justin Bieber. F'REAL?!? The.Biebs. Who am I?  I was just jammin' to the biebs? Oh yeah. I was. I watched the video again for another listen and sure enough, I liked the song. I even went over to iTunes and bought it a few days later (the shame. rarrr.)

J to the Beibs is great for Saturday morning dance parties with my baby girl and hubby. We love to dance. My love for dance, however, is not coupled with talent. I mean, I'd definitely beat Elaine Benes in a dance off but I seriously lack coordination. To the point that in High School I was the mascot, not a cheerleader. Recognized my weakness and leveraged my strength. I rocked that bear suit up and down the football field and danced my way to camp champion two years in a row. 

By the way, one Saturday I snuck in that Bieber jam for our dance party and the three of us danced our little hearts out. Guess I'm not the only one in the house that likes him ;)  

1 comment:

  1. I would go as far as to say that I like him. Let's just say that I can tolerate him if it makes my little girl laugh.

    ReplyDelete